Have you been bitten by a Tick recently?
Follow these steps to find out more about the tick –
- Take a photograph of the tick with your phone.
- Email the picture to tickencounter.org.
They will respond in 24 hours with this –
- Tick identification
- Estimated attachment time
- The chance for disease transmission
- How to further test the tick for Lyme or other organisms (cost $50)
While you are waiting for a response, put the tick in a sealed or Ziploc bag and store it where you won’t lose it.
Once you have the results, please feel free to call me, Dr. Alice Bell, 203-814-1455, to see what your next steps should be.
In the meantime if you have any questions, you can email me because early detection is imperative. firstname.lastname@example.org